South West Peninsula Local Parkinson's Excellence Network (PenPEN)
Jane Rideout, person with Parkinson's and member of the Devon, Cornwall & Somerset Local Development Team, leads the South West Peninsula Local Parkinson's Excellence Network (PenPEN).
get in touch
To contact your local Network, email [email protected] stating:
- the Local Parkinson's Excellence Network you want to join
- the area you are based in, including postcode
- your job role
Local Parkinson's Excellence Network achievements
- Development, delivery and evaluation of a pilot programme to increase community exercise providers’ knowledge of Parkinson’s and a toolkit to facilitate dissemination of the programme
- Strong links created with the South West Parkinson’s UK Local Development Team
- Locally developed hospital guidelines and information sheets (published on Basecamp)
- Short film for teachers: Listen to my Thoughts
- Awareness training courses for care home staff and physical activity providers
- List of trained Physical Activity Providers in Devon available on Basecamp.
- Dissemination of a list of trained exercise providers and vouchers for people with Parkinson’s to attend classes
- Exercise Provider Training Toolkit to be made available nationally
- Increased information about local support and activities to be published on Basecamp
- Outputs from Plymouth Service redesign project will be shared
A joint Peninsula and South West Local Excellence Network meeting is planned for 5 November in Taunton. Email [email protected] for information.
Basecamp: your Network, your way
The South West Peninsula Local Parkinson's Excellence Network uses the online collaboration platform, Basecamp, for virtual networking, project work and sharing resources.
You'll be invited to register on Basecamp when you ask to join the Local Excellence Network. Get in touch at [email protected].
Let's keep in touch
Sign up to the Excellence Network enewsletter to get the latest news, training, resources and events for professionals.