East of England Local Parkinson's Excellence Network
Paul Worth, Neurologist with Cambridge University Hospitals leads the East of England Local Parkinson's Excellence Network.
get in touch
To contact your local Network, email [email protected] stating:
- the Local Parkinson's Excellence Network you want to join
- the area you are based in, including postcode
- your job role
Local Parkinson's Excellence Network achievements
The Network embarked on a comprehensive project to create improvements across the emergency department resulting in:
- specific nil by mouth guideline for Parkinson's
- education for staff
- improved access to Parkinson's drugs
- improvements in access to pharmacy services and Parkinson's nurse
- improvements in transfer of care to wards, or discharge
Paul Worth also led the working group which developed the medicines optimisation consensus statement.
The next East of England Local Parkinson's Excellence Network meeting will take place in 26 June in Cambridge. Email [email protected] for further details.
Basecamp: your Network, your way
The East of England Local Parkinson's Excellence Network uses the online collaboration platform, Basecamp, for virtual networking, project work and sharing resources.
You'll be invited to register on Basecamp when you ask to join the Local Excellence Network. Get in touch at [email protected].
Let's keep in touch
Sign up to the Excellence Network enewsletter to get the latest news, training, resources and events for professionals.